RM:AO - Basic Experiments

Discuss Your Deep Thoughts
For experimenting with or discussing thoughts . . .
This is a play area.

Moderator: Software Engineers

encode_decode
Software Engineer
Software Engineer

RM:AO - Basic Experiments

Post by encode_decode » Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:40 pm

This thread is reserved for recording data on basic experiments.

The procedure is simple - hypothesize and experiment using the mind - type data out as it comes to me - review data and re-hypothesize - repeat steps.

When clarity enters - start programming the experiment.

I will define basic experiment later.

Warning

Each post in this thread is going to be changing . . .

The idea of this thread is what I call analogous imaginings - these are designed so that I can internally visualize fields of affectance, density gradients and gravity, consider electricity and magnetism and so on . . .

Expect to be confused and tomorrow what you see here will have changed and once the visualizing is complete this thread will disappear.

encode_decode
Software Engineer
Software Engineer

Basic Experiment Number 2

Post by encode_decode » Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:41 pm

The idea of this experiment is to illustrate escape versus capture of an afflate to a mass of afflates aka particle.

The terminology is slightly different to RM:AO but is essential in the emulator.

What is happening here is a simplest elemental interaction - using conceptual terminology.

escape versus capture

For a smaller mass to be attracted to a larger mass would be dependent on velocity aka magnitude and direction id est speed and relative angle to some origin.

and

"gradient migration" (a migration due to an affectance density gradient aka gravity - the denser a portion of field is the more likely it is to capture a stranger portion of the field - I say strange because at all times interaction is not what you think it is. Scatter also happens because of these strange interactions.

When put back into point form - infinitesimal - the principles are less strange - to me at least. Each point has the potential to affect.

So this is said to be easy to understand . . .

ratios:
    • velocity:density
    • density(when choosing an afflate to work with):ambience
    • distance:size
    • escape:capture
    Fuzzballs are not spherical - they just try to be

Now with this abstraction semi complete I will evolve it to make more sense.

encode_decode
    Software Engineer
    Software Engineer

Pre Coffee Session

Post by encode_decode » Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:43 pm

Random Thoughts

To get to the right answers one must as the right questions. This is all about asking the right questions.

One million afflates from the C++ Emulator - running at 29 FPS. Inverted color range.

encode_decode
      Software Engineer
      Software Engineer

Removing Strangeness

Post by encode_decode » Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:44 pm

Degree: below 50%

What we are doing is making an idea happen that is not the idea itself.
      • Affect upon affect through position vectors
      • is not the same as
      • setting an afflate in motion
      but we are doing it this way for a reason

It is not practical to have an infinite amount of points in a computer not to mention infinity is not a quantity.

We can measure the afflate at anytime - we can compare the afflate to a theoretical ambiance surrounding a point

ambiance and afflates are the same thing - affectance

ambiance surrounding a point can be considered an afflate - we choose the size of the fuzz-ball and call it an afflate

encode_decode
      Software Engineer
      Software Engineer

Emulator 3

Post by encode_decode » Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:45 pm

I am now going to do what I have been putting off for the last 2 days - kick the third emulator into gear - it should take me a day - afflates add a few hours - first interactions a few more - why? because number three is the most powerful - I want more than five million to work with and I know how to get them.

encode_decode
      Software Engineer
      Software Engineer

Emulator 4

Post by encode_decode » Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:46 pm

Emulator 4 is a version for the web.

The whole idea here is that you will be able to go to a website and play with the emulator in your browser.

The process will be easy - another programmer and I have chosen three frameworks to test and next week we will be running tests on afflate counts within each framework. We are already pretty certain which framework we are going to use.